PRI Talent is hiring a Senior Software Engineer Shopify on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet, all while providing a work culture unlike any other.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to create beautiful user interfaces and implement elegant web APIs. You will be joining a team that owns engineering for all Web Apps, mobile apps, and web services. You will work in a collaborative, highly productive team environment and have the autonomy to own projects from ideation to production. Are you a self-motivated team player who is excited by the impact of modern technologies? So are we! We look for individuals who lead with integrity and are role models for executing business initiatives with the highest degree of trust. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent technical knowledge and excellent communication skills to stay aligned with global teammates. If you enjoy building sleek applications that are used by millions of people every day and are experienced with React.js, this is the role for you.
- Design, develop, and maintain custom Shopify themes and applications for the internal e-commerce platform.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, and other engineers to create innovative and efficient solutions.
- Develop and implement responsive, efficient, and maintainable code, adhering to best practices and established coding standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to fellow engineers.
- Participate in the planning and estimation of project timelines.
- Continuously research and learn about new technologies, trends, and best practices in Shopify development to stay ahead of the curve.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in React, GraphQL, Apollo, and building REST APIs.
- Experience with Node.js and server-side development.
- Experience with Shopify’s Hydrogen Framework.
- Experience with server-less application development (AWS Lambda, Azure Functions).
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, or other orchestration services.
- You’re passionate about software development: It's not just your career; it’s your hobby, too.
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with innovative technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
Education and Experience
- 5-7+ years of professional experience as an active participant in an Agile Development Team.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- In-depth understanding of the Shopify platform, including its APIs, SDKs, and various tools.
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization and best practices.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and project management tools, such as Jira.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.