If you are passionate about technology and working toward a more sustainable and equitable future, come join our close-knit team of professionals! PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives.
We are looking for a full-time Product Owner to head up new initiatives as the lead on a dedicated client account. You will be responsible for gathering requirements, managing and prioritizing a backlog of features, leading client meetings, and ensuring project goals are achieved. You’ll own the product roadmap and backlog through the creation and management of user stories, user flows, and use cases—developing a deep understanding of the client and their users along the way.
We are based out of New Jersey but are a globally distributed team. This is a hybrid role that will require 10-20% on-site time at the client’s location in Newark, New Jersey.
Role and Responsibilities
- Backlog building and management with an eye on the big picture roadmap.
- Gathering and translating requirements from users and stakeholders.
- Thinking critically to analyze business problems and develop recommended best-practice and ground-breaking approaches in collaboration with a dedicated cross-functional team and stakeholders.
- Creating and executing project plans, utilizing Agile methodologies to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying risks and resolving them proactively with consideration for short- and long-term project impact.
- Tracking and reporting project metrics.
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand complex problems and make strategic decisions throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- You have worked on technical projects before and understand the Agile software development lifecycle.
- You understand business processes/requirements and how they translate into technical requirements.
- You are hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and able to take ownership.
- You ensure work is completed to the highest levels of quality and meets deadlines.
- You are professional and comfortable working with senior executives.
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Owner, Product Manager, Technical Project Manager, or similar role at a top consulting firm, agency, or other relevant experience.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall methodologies and an understanding of
how a Product Owner fits into both.
- History of leading cross-functional teams to deliver successful digital work.
Nice to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Knowledge or experience in general digital strategy, user experience, content strategy, development, web analytics, quality assurance testing, accessibility standards, and/or user research.
More About Careers at PRI
- We offer exceptional employee benefits like paid time off, healthcare coverage, retirement plan matching, and more!
- We are committed to supporting your professional growth through development and training opportunities at all levels of your career.
- As a BIPOC-owned organization, we embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- We put our values at the center of all we do, and we seek candidates who do the same.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter.