PRI Talent is hiring a Desktop Application Developer on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet while providing a work culture unlike any other.
As a Desktop Application Developer, you will be a critical part of the team that works on our client’s core software product used by tens of thousands of customers in the property management industry across the country. Your desktop app expertise will help create a smooth experience for our Clients, bringing high-quality technology solutions to their everyday operations.
- Execute the Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Support the software verification and validation processes, including but not limited to code reviews and unit testing.
- Actively participate in agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Stakeholders, and Product Managers to iterate on the design and implementation of Client’s products.
- Design architectural and technical requirements for projects.
- Work with the team to understand priority and urgency and escalate blockers or delays.
- Mentor and coach other software developers.
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Provide regular project status updates summarizing achieved milestones and short-term development project goals.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Advanced proficiency using modern programming languages
- Experience in the following technologies: C#,.NET Framework, WPF, XAML
- An understanding of working with databases, including writing advanced SQL queries and database design
- Ability to examine complex functional requirements and turn them into technically sound solutions
- Ability to anticipate technical challenges and non-functional requirements and communicate them effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.