If you are passionate about great design, user-centered solutions, and working toward a more sustainable and equitable future, come join our close-knit team of professionals! PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives.
We’re seeking a curious and collaborative Associate Designer to solve design challenges for our clients. You obsess over beautifully crafted experiences and love solving challenging problems and diving head-first into something new. You have a diverse background, and your skills extend from digital to print. You build meaningful relationships with your coworkers that bring ideas to life in new and innovative ways.
We are based in New Jersey, but we’re a globally distributed team. This role is entirely remote and operates within Eastern Time Zone business hours.
- Create images, graphical interfaces, and high-fidelity designs
- Create design systems and work with the Engineering team to facilitate their use
- Execute graphic design tasks including, but not limited to social media graphics, email design, image research and editing, and print work (newsletters, annual reports, etc.)
- Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns and web design projects for various clients
- Use recent studies and findings to establish the best overall design elements to include in UX design experiences
- Work well with other designers, creatives, and developers in a collaborative setting
- Take direction and communicate with Art Director and senior team members to receive feedback
- Gather user requirements and conduct research as needed (surveys, card testing, etc.) to gather feedback on user experience and satisfaction for various client websites and products
- Conduct testing as needed throughout the project lifecycle
- Passion for creatively solving design problems with users in mind.
- Obsession with quality and extraordinary visual design talent, with pixel-level attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, documentation).
- Passion for researching and staying current on UX trends, design strategy, and related technologies.
- Interest in improving skills through continued education.
- Ability and discipline to work as part of a distributed team from a remote location.
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in creating and implementing graphic design and UX/UI design.
Nice to Haves
- Ability to see print projects through pre-press to commercial printing.
- Proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Agency experience.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and link to portfolio or work samples.