PRI is hiring a Software Engineer I (.NET) on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a public transportation corporation.
Our client seeks a highly motivated .NET Web software engineer with five years of experience who can assume responsibility for developing and maintaining applications built using the .NET framework that interacts with SQL and Oracle databases. They must deeply understand the front-end and back-end aspects of application development. They must be able to develop and support ASP.NET applications and associated data access layers.
In addition, they should have a strong understanding of object-oriented programming principles. They must be able to work independently and as part of a team while taking direction from lead developers and other stakeholders. Furthermore, they should communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Develop and create web applications using the .NET system and environment.
- Participate in requirements discussions and transform them into practical applications in line with service goals.
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing applications and fix issues.
- Collaborate with peers to create the most effective solution using the Net framework and Microsoft tech stack.
- Take responsibility for identifying and reducing technical debt in existing code structure while boosting application effectiveness and improving performance.
- Deliver error-free code that complies with secure coding practices.
- Incorporate data storage systems and preserve code quality.
- Design responsive/progressive user interfaces using .Net and related technology.
- Innovate and build high-quality software application options leveraging the flexibility of the .NET platform.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer systems, business analytics, or a comparable field. (No degree will be considered with an equivalent level of experience.)
- C# and .NET Framework
- ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC using Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Oracle and SQL Server
- XML/JSON; WebAPI and RESTful Web Services
- Visual Studio
- Jira, GitHub, Azure DevOps
- Good written and verbal skills are required.
Please note we will only accept applications that include a cover letter and work examples.