PRI Talent is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet, all while providing a work culture unlike any other.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will join a team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining our client's cloud-based e-commerce, machine learning, and kiosk operations technologies. Your team will be responsible for expanding our client’s direct-to-consumer platforms, warehouse applications, services, and databases. Additionally, your team will be responsible for all things automation to streamline the engineering community to increase development productivity. You will also be responsible for any cloud-based infrastructure engineering.
- Manage and maintain reliable and scalable CICD pipeline solutions with CICD orchestration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub-Action, etc.
- Engineer and optimize the deployment of websites, applications, and services by applying DevOps best practices.
- Engineer and optimize release processes for dev, QA, staging, and production environments.
- Support different languages such as DotNet, NodeJS, and Python.
- Manage public cloud development environments in AWS.
- Engineer and optimize infrastructure management through IaC. (IaC tools such as Terraform, AWS-CDK, or equivalent.)
- Manage and engineer monitoring and alert solutions for supported products.
- Working knowledge of Server-less architecture and strong working experience with Lambda, API-Gateway, and Fargate.
- Engineer solutions to improve site reliability, scalability, and security.
- Help engineer data aggregation, analytics, and visualization for continuous improvement.
- Support any system business-critical system failure and assist in troubleshooting and triaging.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate releases and projects to ensure successful delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Develop complex automation using NodeJS, Python, or GoLang.
- Ability to evaluate new technologies, including reviewing the use of open-source tools.
- Strong understanding of CICD, DevOps, and site reliability practices.
- Working knowledge of modern DevOps tools.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and deployment tools such as HelmChart, ArgoCD, etc.
- Advanced experience working with AWS or other cloud infrastructures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional organization supporting multiple internal and external clients.
- Working experience with Source Control tools like GitHub.
- Ability to author Physical and Logical Architecture Diagrams/Flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent development experience.
- 5-7 years of DevOps experience.
- 8+ years of supporting multi-tier applications.
- 5+ years programming or complex scripting experience.
- 5+ years working experience with applications hosted in Windows and Linux-based environments.
- 5+ years working experience with AWS.
- AWS Certifications or equivalent working experience.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.