If you are passionate about technology and working toward a more sustainable and equitable future, come join our close-knit team of professionals! PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives. We are based out of New Jersey, but are a globally distributed team.
We are seeking a highly detail-oriented, resourceful Office Assistant for a part-time position in New Jersey. The successful applicant will support our Director of Operations and CEO with a range of logistical needs, including operational projects, administrative tasks, and schedule management. Applicants must have a good working knowledge of modern productivity software, accounting software, and operations in a modern, remote office environment. We’re looking for someone with prior experience working with senior executives and/or senior creatives who will help us run more effectively.
This role is on-site at our office in Manalapan, NJ. We anticipate a part-time schedule of 24 hours per week during normal business hours.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage professional calendar and schedule for the CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, expense reporting, and other company logistics
- Perform bookkeeping duties such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, and collections each week
- Perform administrative office support, such as ordering and stocking office supplies, physical and digital filing, sorting and sending mail, and running errands
- Support customer service, including answering and monitoring the main office phone line and responding to general information request emails
- Support the Director of Operations with preparatory tasks on operational projects like insurance renewals, software implementations, staff trainings, etc.
- Provide support on any special projects that may involve research or planning
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working as an office manager, office assistant, or executive assistant for a senior executive
- Experience interacting with executive-level clients and stakeholders
- Experience using a range of productivity tools (i.e. Google Docs, Office, Slack, Harvest)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Demonstrated ability to learn on the job and juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work effectively and within established deadlines and timeframes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and high-impact work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong discretion and judgment
- Creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Small business or agency experience
- Foundational understanding of nonprofit organizations and/or campaigns
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Interest in creative agencies and design
More About Careers at PRI
- We offer exceptional employee benefits like paid time off, healthcare coverage, retirement plan matching, and more!
- We are committed to supporting your professional growth through development and training opportunities at all levels of your career.
- As a BIPOC-owned organization, we embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- We put our values at the center of all we do, and we seek candidates who do the same.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and fully completed survey responses.