PRI Talent is hiring a Scrum Master on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet while providing a work culture unlike any other.
The Scrum Master is responsible for coordinating large-scale implementations of enterprise-wide IT initiatives, driving rapid realization of our Client's corporate strategic goals through initiative delivery and execution to meet the needs and expectations of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) customers and business partners. Work with Product Owners and scrum masters across teams to apply, implement, and enforce Scrum principles and practices, facilitating continuous improvement and identifying and removing impediments to delivery. This obvious role will continuously facilitate a team dynamic that maximizes performance by improving agile practices.
- Helps teams across a value stream embrace Agile Core Values, adopt and apply Agile Principles, and implement Agile practices.
- Work with the Product Owner to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information.
- Guide Junior Scrum Masters for a particular product area, remove impediments for them and manage escalation accordingly.
- Create an environment of team collaboration that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts.
- Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coach organization to conduct endless improvement events.
- Coach product owners in creating and maintaining the product backlog, refinement, and prioritization.
- Support Product Management in creating lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
- Facilitates events – Facilitates team events, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective - ensures they are productive and time-boxed.
- Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspection and Adaption.
- Support Continuous Delivery in implementing various agile techniques such as TDD, BDD, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps.
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity. Supports estimating story points/work effort and complexity required based on the historical team velocity - Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and help the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures.
- Help to ensure development teams work toward core the Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Support our client's inter- and intra-team communication & Scrum of Scrums.
Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline or related subject /or demonstrated capability through four (4) previous years of experience and education
- Five (5) years of Agile Project Management experience
- Five (5) years of working with all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- Certified Release Train Engineer OR Certified Scrum Trainer
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Teach systems thinking and servant leadership
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Outlook, MS Project, and Microsoft Office tools
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations for leadership audiences
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well under limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Must pass a X years of background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Experience with Agility Tools a plus (JIRA, Miro, Confluence)
- SAFe Release Train Engineer
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or CST (Certified Scrum Trainer)
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.