PRI Talent is hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer - node JS (API Development) on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet, all while providing a work culture unlike any other.
This is a transformational role requiring hands-on engagement with multiple agile development teams to identify and implement automation opportunities in the software delivery process. We are looking for a Senior Node.js developer with hands-on experience in AWS Serverless technologies, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Containers (Docker), CI/CD pipelines, Deployment automation, API development, and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, collaboration, and documentation skills.
- 7+ years of experience as a code-contributing member of an Agile Development Team
- Should have strong experience with REST-based API design and development
- Advanced in Node.js API, Graph QL, and Micro services development
- Experience with any NoSQL databases; MongoDB, DynamoDB is required
- Advanced in containerization (Docker)
- Advanced in AWS Serverless technologies like Lambda, ECS Fargate, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, etc.
- Must have proficiency with the programming languages Node.js, React.js, and Typescript
- Experience with Git, writing unit tests, continuous deployment, and code documentation
- Intermediate in AWS Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies; CloudFormation or AWS CDK or Terraform
- Intermediate in creating CI/CD pipelines using one of GitLab/Bitbucket/Jenkins and integrating with tools like Sonar, Contrast, etc.
- Intermediate in AWS security practices like IAM Roles, encryption, certificates, firewalls, etc.
- Intermediate in Network technologies like Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, and HTTP(S)
- Intermediate in deployment strategies including Rolling, Blue-Green, Canary; A/B testing is a plus
- Strong communication (written and verbal), collaboration, and documentation skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Skill Level Description
- Expert: Has skill mastery based on extensive practical experience. Frequently mentors others in this skill.
- Advanced: Demonstrated expertise built from repeated and diverse practical experience. Able to mentor others in this skill.
- Intermediate: Good relevant practical experience and can credibly discuss/offer perspective.
- Foundational: Understanding of fundamentals but limited/no practical experience.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples