PRI Talent is hiring a Senior Data Engineer on behalf of our client. This role is a full-time, 1099 contract staff augmentation position working with a company that is a leader in reducing electronic waste and finding value in gently used electronics. Our client has seen staggering growth and extraordinary impact on protecting the planet, all while providing a work culture unlike any other.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you can transform the business by gathering, modeling, and sharing actionable information via data-based applications, automated pipelines, and data integrations. This high-impact role will combine your best software engineering and data management practices with many unique and challenging problems. You will work with a small but passionate team to design and develop elegant software and scalable data frameworks with engaged stakeholders. Our Clients seek individuals with a proven track record of on-time product delivery and take pride in high-quality releases. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent technical knowledge, the ability to help gather requirements, and clear verbal and written communication skills to stay aligned with our client's national teammates.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience as an active participant in an Agile Development Team.
- Expert level fluency in Python and major libraries associated with data and API integrations (Pandas, requests, numpy, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of SQL and ease of working in common database and data warehouse applications (SQL Server, Redshift, Snowflake, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of the design and development of flexible, easy-to-use data models
- Track record delivering rock-solid ELT pipelines and data orchestrations
- Advanced ability to work with technical API documentation and technical contacts to quickly and reliably integrate with third-party systems
- Intermediate experience working with high-level libraries for visualization and UI development in data-centric applications (matplotlib, seaborn, streamlit, etc.)
- Comfort and respect working with sensitive information and handling it securely
- History of work on complex enterprise systems or successful delivery of a greenfield product
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with no-code/low-code tools (Microsoft PowerApps, Retool, etc.) to accelerate development
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, or other orchestration services
- Experience with Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Skill mastery based on extensive practical experience
- Frequently mentors others in this skill
- Experience with cloud-based data tools such as FiveTran, DBT, and Dagster is a plus
- You’re passionate about software development and elegant architectures. It's not just your career; it’s your hobby, too!
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with innovative technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
Skill Level Definitions
- Advanced: Demonstrated expertise built from repeated and diverse practical experience. Able to mentor others in this skill.
- Intermediate: Good relevant practical experience and can credibly discuss/offer perspective.
- Foundational: Understanding of fundamentals but limited/no practical experience.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.