If you are passionate about technology and working toward a more sustainable and equitable future, come join our close-knit team of professionals! PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives. We are based out of New Jersey but are a globally distributed team.
We are looking for a full-time Full Stack Developer (1099 or W2) to work on the development of performant web applications, bringing designs to life with high-quality code, and providing technical assistance to our content and marketing teams. You will be responsible for all aspects of development for smaller projects and be part of an engineering team for larger projects. This role is entirely remote and operates within Eastern Time Zone business hours.
Role and Responsibilities
- Understand project requirements and translate them into code
- Participate in design handoff meetings with designers
- Understand all aspects of a design system and convert them into high-quality code
- Plan code structures based on tech stack and project requirements
- Design and produce custom modules, plugins, services, and themes
- Adhere to coding best practices and satisfy accessibility requirements
- Thoroughly test code before committing to the codebase
- Follow development workflow and commit code to a shared codebase
- Participate in deployment activities
- Apply security patches and software updates as needed
- Fix bugs efficiently using debugging tools
- Assist in managing hosting infrastructure on various platforms
Knowledge and Skills
- You are hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and able to take ownership of projects to ensure they are completed to the highest levels of quality and meet deadlines
- 5+ years of experience and direct working knowledge with the below-listed technologies:
- CraftCMS, WordPress, and Drupal CMS
- MySQL, Postgres, or similar databases
- Git command line
- Web Services and REST API
- You have good written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable working under pressure and meeting challenging deadlines
- You are professional and comfortable working with senior executives
- You have experience working remotely with distributed teams
Nice to Have
- JS Frameworks: React, Angular, or Vue js
- Pantheon, DigitalOcean, or other managed hosting platforms
- Compute services like Lambda
- Familiarity with Command-line interfaces
- CDN and caching services like Fastly or AWS CloudFront
- Creative tools like Figma or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Google Analytics
- Facebook API and SDK
- GraphQL or Adonis API
More About Careers at PRI
- We offer exceptional employee benefits like paid time off and sick leave, healthcare coverage, life insurance, retirement plan matching, and more!
- We are committed to supporting your professional growth through development and training opportunities at all levels of your career.
- As a BIPOC-owned organization, we embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- We put our values at the center of all we do and seek candidates who do the same.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and work examples.