PRI is a digital consultancy that leverages strategic thinking, engineering, and storytelling to create impactful digital experiences for mission-driven organizations. We seek highly motivated, creative problem-solvers who bring diverse perspectives. We are based out of New Jersey, but are a globally distributed team.
We are looking for a full-time Content Strategist to join our close-knit team of professionals. This remote role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and operates within Eastern Time Zone business hours.
In this role, you will develop content strategies for new and redesigned websites/products, and assist in creating and modifying content for existing sites to enhance accessibility, SEO rankings, and user experience. This partially client-facing role requires an adaptable communicator who is comfortable conducting user interviews, presenting findings to clients and leadership, and collaborating with cross-functional team members.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work both collaboratively and independently on strategic tasks such as content inventories, content audits, sitemaps, and content catalogs/libraries for faceted search and navigation
- Support our creative and engineering teams throughout the lifecycle of projects like website builds and content migrations, as well as through the optimization of existing sites for our ongoing retainer clients
- Assist in user and project research, including, but not limited to: conducting user and stakeholder interviews, conducting industry and competitive research, developing user personas, synthesizing research findings into key project insights, and documenting insights into client-ready presentations
- (In collaboration with other team members), confidently communicate with clients to present research findings, discuss project goals and roadmaps, and address content-related questions or concerns
- Use tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush to develop data-driven content strategies and identify opportunities for optimization or differentiation
- Execute content deliverables, which can include writing metadata or on-page copy, editing content written by others, or contributing content to CMS platforms
- Contribute to internal and client documentation libraries by recording processes and implementation procedures as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of professional experience writing and planning digital content
- Experience working with content audits, inventories, and migrations
- Experience with tools like SEMRush, Google Analytics, and GatherContent
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including UX designers, developers, and other content strategists
- Thorough understanding of UX and information architecture best practices
- Foundational understanding of SEO tools and best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present research findings and project updates to clients, team members, and leadership
- Hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and able to take ownership of projects
- Experienced working remotely with distributed teams
- Experience setting up or customizing accounts in Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Experience developing and executing SEO audits and strategies
- Experience editing or creating content within WordPress or other CMS platforms
More About Careers at PRI
- We offer exceptional employee benefits like paid time off, healthcare coverage, retirement plan matching, and more!
- We are committed to supporting your professional growth through development and training opportunities at all levels of your career.
- As a BIPOC-owned organization, we embrace inclusivity and diversity.
- We put our values at the center of all we do, and we seek candidates who do the same.
Please note we will not accept applications that do not include a cover letter and portfolio and/or work examples.